View the full episode:
This Old House host Kevin O’Connor explains how you can combat power interruptions with a standby generator. (See actions below.).
Click on this link to REGISTER FOR the main This Old Home YouTube channel:.
Actions for How to Install an Automatic Standby Generator.
1. Mount the generator at the very least 5 feet from all doors and windows.
2. Set the generator in addition to a pre-cast concrete pad that’s sustained by a compressed crushed rock bed.
3. Safeguard the generator to the pad with four stainless-steel screws.
4. Have a plumber connect a natural-gas line to the generator.
5. Have an electrical contractor run a line-voltage cable to the generator.
6. The generator examinations itself instantly by turning on every two weeks and also running for concerning 20 minutes.
7. Each time the generator kicks on, an analysis signal is sent through the Internet to the house owner as well as electrician.
8. A transfer button is installed beside the electric meter; it sends power into the house when the power heads out and the generator kicks on.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:.